“There's a race of men that don't fit in, A race that can't sit still; So they break the hearts of kith and kin, And they roam the world at will. They range the field and rove the flood, And they climb the mountain's crest; Their's is the curse of the gypsy blood, And they don't know how to rest.”
- Robert Service

Sunday 25 November 2012

Third Time Around

This week was the third week Mike came home from Sudbury. Yay! Despite my obligation to show up for work three times, we managed to have several fun times - thoroughly important. HIghlights:

Attending a Xavier Rudd concert immediately following his arrival home. I had him chug a beer before surprising him with the tickets. Also, I decided that it was important to push the limits of my youth by staying out well past my bedtime on a work night. Good show, though!

Trying (and failing) twice to see the new James Bond film. Apparently it's quite popular and prone to selling out. But the good part was that since we were at the theatre, we opted to just buy the popcorn and go back home to catch up on all of the missed episides of Dexter!

Visiting family. Mike hasn't seen his parents in rather a long time, so I was happy to visit them a couple of times since they've been staying in Abbotsford lately. Family is always a reason for cheerfulness!

We set up the Christmas tree, too. It's a bit early for my liking, but we had to do it this week, or not until Dec 22 when he comes back home. I'd much rather do it now! Funny enough, we both had the same ideas about the advent calendar. I made a fabric calendar with 24 individual pockets and I'd planned to send it back to Sudbury with Mike, but he'd brought along his own goodies to fill it up for me! So we split up the pockets and I sent him back with all of the even numbered days. I can't wait until Dec 1!

Riding down the slopes at Cypress Mountain and Mount Baker! I'm thoroughly tired and several of my muscles are sad and achey, but we had some decent snow (for early season snowboarding) and the skies were sunny at Mount Baker. There is nothing so inspiring as a perfectly white, epic snow-capped mountain to keep you smiling even though you've just completely done a cartwheel over a rut and aren't sure which way is up!
Mount Baker, USA

1 comment:

  1. I see you went on a trip to the Misty Mountains! How exciting! Although, one must be careful to avoid trolls along the way. They certainly are a nasty sort!

    I apologize if my message is short and impatient. I have caught a really sniffler of a head cold. It appears that Bag End has become dreadfully drafty while I have been busying myself protecting the rutabagas lately. The winter really creeps up quickly in the Shire. Kind of makes a hobbit feel like just packing up and moving to Mordor to keep warm! Ever since Mt. Doom erupted I hear that countryside has indeed become pleasantly pleasant.

    Well, ta ta Sarah!

    ~ Bilbo

    ReplyDelete